Video has been a compelling form of advertising in the past and remains an accessible and cost-effective strategy for connecting with your audience and enhancing your social media presence.
Using video is also very engaging and is a great way to introduce and educate your customers on your products and services. Video is a crucial part of any successful marketing strategy for small and large businesses, and it is easy to get started. You can repurpose a lot of the content you already have, such as blog posts, infographics, social media content, etc., and transform it into an engaging video format.
Use video to enhance your company’s personality, boost your credibility, build trust with your target audience, influence consumer decisions, and more!
Video for Your Website
Video is a great tool to use to optimize your website. There are several ways to incorporate video content into your current website to help engage your customers and provide them with valuable information, including:
Add a Video Gallery or Library – Search engines and visitors like a website that features an organized video library page. This allows you to categorize, describe, and organize your videos to make them easy for visitors to navigate.
Embed Videos on Important Pages – When you embed videos on your website pages, you can more clearly communicate the context of the related content. Video also makes your web page more appealing and makes your message more effective.
Choose the Right Thumbnails– While thumbnails may not seem important, they are an important factor in increasing clicks and potential customers. When choosing a thumbnail, you want to find one that will entice consumers and get them excited to click on it. Thumbnails with color and a compelling look are likely to attract more customers to your site.
Don’t Skimp on Titles, Descriptions, and Metadata- When it comes to video search engine optimization, the three main components are video title, description, and metadata. Without these components, even the most amazing video will not be seen. Use a descriptive, catchy video title. The video description should complement the title and entice viewers to click on the video. Metadata requires specifications such as company, genre, and keywords that add meaning to the video.
Video on Social Media
When it comes to posting videos on social media, the first step is to know where your customers are to ensure that you are getting your content out in front of the right people at the ideal time. Popular social media platforms for sharing video include Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Other great options to consider are Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Special event- If your company has an event coming up, you can use video to promote it, and you can even live stream your event for viewers at home.
- Tutorials/Explainers- Video is a great tool for explaining complicated concepts, showing how your products work, or showing clients what you do.
- Behind the scenes- You can give clients a tour of your office, introduce them to your staff, and more.
- Vlogging- Customers appreciate transparency. Use video as a chance to speak directly to your customer and show them who you are and what your business represents.
- Product launch- You can create videos about a new product or service to help build excitement for the launch.
As you share different types of video content, be sure to see how your audience is responding. For example, your clients may love your tutorial videos but may not respond as well to your vlogs. This will help you tweak your video content to concentrate on what your customers want.
Video Advertising on YouTube and Video Advertising Networks
Using YouTube for video advertising has a variety of benefits. The average user typically spends around 40 minutes per session on YouTube, and during this session of watching videos, they are exposed to multiple video ads. This is a great way to get your company out in front of a targeted audience compared to more traditional channels such as radio, print, or television. YouTube video advertising offers several benefits, including:
A Targeted Approach to Video Marketing
- Demographics – based on age and gender.
- Keywords – focus on specific keywords related to your ad.
- Category – based on user interest.
- Placements- put your ad on specific YouTube pages related to your ad.
In addition to the keywords, content, and categories you want to focus on, you also have the option to choose the ones you want to avoid.
Video Marketing has Wide Reach
If you are looking for a place where you can reach many users, look no further. YouTube has 1.3 billion users, equivalent to almost one-third of all people on the Internet. You can expect to see these numbers continue to increase year after year, making it a great place to spread your message to millions of prospective customers.
- Video Marketing and Advertising 4 Cutting Edge Tips for Leveraging Video Content Online - January 26, 2021
- Coronavirus Business Survival Guide - March 18, 2020
- The 5 Largest Changes to Digital Marketing in 2018 – What Every Small Business Should Be Aware Of. - October 25, 2018