Does Social Media Really Work?
Many business owners wonder whether or not social media marketing can actually have a positive impact on their business. While social media marketing does take some effort, the payoff can be extraordinary. The key to effective social media is to attract, engage and retain. Below are some interesting facts regarding social media marketing, and how businesses have leveraged its power.
- There are approximately 750 million Facebook users
- In the first half of 2011, the price of Facebook ads increased by 70%
- 52% of Facebook users access the site daily
- 70% of small business owners use Facebook for marketing, compared to the 66% who choose to use Google
- 11% of Facebook users say that they would purchase something available only to Facebook fans
- In June of 2010, there were 86.5 million impressions for Coca-Cola’s promoted trend
- During American Airlines’ “Tweet to Win 30K Miles” campaign, there were 18,000 clicks
- In January of 2011, there were 35,000 Tweets with the #LS11 hashtag for IBM’s “Lotusphere” conference
- There were 22 million views in one week for Old Spice’s video “Mano a Mano el Bano”
- There are over 10,000 YouTube brand partners
- The iPad video “Will it Blend” had more than 12 million views in four months
- There was a 33% increase in check-ins during McDonald’s one-day campaign that randomly awarded $5 and $10 gift cards as check-in bait
- During Buffalo Wild Wings three month “SCVNGR” campaign, there were 184,000 players
- There are more than 500,000 merchants on Foursquare
- In 2010, there were 381,576,305 Foursquare check-ins
- Starbucks tops the list of Facebook check-ins, with 2,554,602 as of August, with McDonalds in second place 1,212,773
Businesses are finding creative incentives to get followers to engage with a brand through Facebook Likes, check-ins, video replies and more. The ability to participate in new and innovative ways encourages brand loyalty and word of mouth referrals.
Higher Images can work with you to create custom Facebook and Twitter pages, contests, sweepstakes giveaways and more.
If you have questions about social media for your company, contact Allie at Higher Images, at 412-203-1996.
Latest posts by Morgan Cushey (see all)